Wednesday, April 15, 2015

America Reads Student Spotlight: Ryan Wallace

Hello! I’m Ryan Wallace and I am a freshman here majoring in Pre-Pharmacy.  When I’m not studying or doing homework, you can find me helping out with the Residence Hall Association, where I am a Hall Representative for Franklin Hall.  I am also a part of the Pre-Pharmacy Club and a volunteer with the Accepted Students Day Program.  For fun, I like to hang out with my friends or go to the gym.  I heard about America Reads during the job fair at the beginning of the year.  In high school, I actively tutored during free periods, so America Reads interested me greatly.  I joined because I have always liked to help others.  I get a feeling of satisfaction when I am tutoring, especially when I see that a student really learned something.  Currently, I am working at Putnam High School with 9th through 12th graders.  I am mainly there to help students with their science and math courses.  Every time I go into tutor, I get the pleasure of learning something from them as well.  It has been very fun working with America Reads, and I hope to return next year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment