Wednesday, April 15, 2015

America Reads Student Spotlight: Isabel Muniz-Modesto

My name is Isabel Muniz-Modesto, I am a senior Psychology major and minor in Education. I am originally from White Plains, NY. I am involved with U&ME, United and Mutually Equal, another club on campus. I also do on-campus tutoring every Monday and Wednesday evening, where Springfield Public School students are able to come to our campus and receive one-on-one help from college students here at WNE. I like to hangout with friends, go for long walks, go to to the mall and watch Netflix in my free time. I heard about the America Reads program during my freshman year here at school. I joined the program because I wanted to be involved in the community around me and wanted to do something that involved helping people. I am working with third graders and kindergarteners. I have enjoyed my time with the America Reads program and the time I've spent in my classroom; the teacher has been so helpful and the kids are wonderful. I love going to work with them and wish I could go more often.

----------------------------

Update from the Center for Civic Engagement: Isabel has spent all four years of her college work study experience with our program. She was recently offered a position at the elementary school she has been serving for the last four years. We are very proud to have had her participation in our program, and we are very excited to see where her post-graduation path leads her! Best of luck with everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment